It is a commitment of the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE on the one hand the observance of the confidentiality and security of Personal Data (IFR), which are collected during the exercise of its purposes and its general activity and on the other hand its compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding the processing of IFRS.
The data protection policy of the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE is based on the following principles:
- The processing of personal data takes place in a lawful, fair and transparent manner.
- Personal data will only be processed for specified, clear and lawful purposes and will not be further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- The processing of personal data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose of the processing.
- Personal data should be accurate and, where necessary, up to date.
- Personal data should be kept in a format that allows the data subject to be identified for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of processing.
- All personal data will be kept confidential and stored in a way that ensures their protection.
- Personal data will not be passed on to third parties unless necessary for the purpose of processing them.
- Data subjects will have the right to request access, correction or deletion of personal data, or restriction of processing, or to oppose processing as well as the right to data portability.
When you fill in your personal information such as your name, your e-mail address, through the forms posted on the website of our School, you agree to the processing of your personal data for the purpose mentioned in the form you have filled out.
Under no circumstances will your personal information be transferred or used by any third party.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CRETE has adopted policies and implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data it collects is protected in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
These security measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure of data, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss of your personal data.
Your personal data is kept by the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE only for as long as it is necessary for the realization of the purposes of processing in accordance with the applicable laws.
Your rights regarding the protection of your personal data
Your rights for the protection of your personal data, as they apply under the conditions defined in the General Regulation of Personal Data (EU 679/2016) and in the applicable national legislation, are the following:
- Right of access to your personal data held, owned and processed by the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE.
- Right to correct inaccurate or out-of-date data concerning you or to supplement your incomplete data.
- Right to delete your data from the archives of the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE if their processing is not necessary to pursue the purposes for which they were collected.
- Right to restrict the use of your data in case you dispute its accuracy.
- Right to download the data you have provided in a structured, commonly used format.
The exercise of the above-mentioned rights presupposes the submission, free of charge, of a written application to the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE.
For any subject you can contact the UNIVERSITY OF CRETE, address School of Social Sciences, University Campus of France, Rethymno 74100, tel. 2831077860, email secrsocial at uoc.gr in any case you have right to contact the Personal Data Protection Authority either in writing (Kifissias 1-3, PC 115-23) or electronically ( www.dpa. gr ).
In case of exercise of one of the above rights, THE UNIVERSITY OF CRETE will take every possible measure for its satisfaction within thirty (30) calendar days from the receipt of the relevant application, informing in writing of its satisfaction, or the reasons that that hinder exercise.